Terms of Reference:
- To agree and oversee organisation and promotion of a programme of regular and one-off Civic and Community events organised by Thatcham Town Council, including, but not limited to:
– Fly-A-Flag for the Commonwealth
– Thatcham Family Fun Day
– United Service of Remembrance
– Fun On The Broadway
– Thatcham Festival
– Armistice Day Service and Remembrance Parade
– Christmas Lights Switch-on
– Civic Carol Service
- To agree expenditure within predetermined budgets set by Council, referring requests for additional or non-budgeted expenditure to the Finance and General Purposes Committee for authorisation.
- To set-up and review contracts for services relating to the Events programme.
- To agree fees relating to events, including, but not limited to, pitch/stall fees.
- To seek grants and sponsorship for events whenever possible.
- To consider requests from external organisations for support with other events in the town, referring to the Finance and General Purposes Committee as necessary.
- To ensure all decisions are in accordance with Thatcham Town Council’s adopted Policies and Financial Regulations.
Upcoming meetings and events
T: 07880 753 904
Jan CoverI moved to Thatcham in 1983 and straight away felt very at home. In 1994 I moved from Thatcham when my husband and I took over a public house the other side of Newbury. A few months after he died in 2008 I decided to move back to Thatcham. Best move I could have made, I love it here. It's friendly with good industrious hard working people. Plus it is still a town that thinks its a village, great!
I became involved with becoming a Town Councillor via the Conservatives, I was absolutely delighted to be voted by local people to represent them.
It is interesting, varied and, oh yes, time consuming!
Address: 41 The Quantocks, Thatcham
T: 01635 867 283
Richard CrumlyI am married with 2 grown up children and one grand-daughter. I worked in central Thatcham as a Solicitor for over 30 years and therefore met many of the residents and became aware of many local issues. I have been a Councillor for several years and I find it rewarding being involved in local decision making and planning for the future of Thatcham.
I am also a West Berkshire District Councillor for the Thatcham Central Ward.
Address: 24 Cowslip Crescent, Thatcham
T: 01635 869 893
Mike ColeI have been a resident of the town since 1984 and married with two grown up children. I have been a Town Councillor since 2011.
I have been fully involved in the business life of Thatcham for 20+ years, having been a local Bank Manager for 6 years in the 1990s and a member of the Thatcham Rotary Club since 1993, including serving two terms as Club President.
I have been a member of the local amateur theatrical group (KATS) since moving to the town and appeared in virtually all of their productions over the years.
Address: 10 Trefoil Drive, Thatcham
T: 07824 991 352
Jason CollisI became a Councillor because I wanted to make Thatcham a better place and also to serve my community. To aid this I took a part time job so that I would have more time for Council and community work. My family have been hugely supportive of my involvement with the Council.
Thatcham has been and continues to be a wonderful place to bring up our family. We have loved the feel of a country town community and I hope that the Town Council can help to maintain that community feel for our town.
Cllr Jason Collis is also the Leader of Thatcham Town Council.
Address: 23 Cowslip Crescent, Thatcham
T: 07833 667 472
Ellen CrumlyMarried with two grown-up children and one granddaughter, I moved to Thatcham in 2015 but worked in Thatcham Broadway for over 30 years as a Legal Executive for my Solicitor husband (now both retired). I therefore gained knowledge of some of the issues and problems affecting the local people and becoming a Councillor has given me the opportunity to become involved in decision-making and problem-solving. Becoming Mayor (2016-17 & 2017-18) has enabled me to get out and about meeting many people and organisations. I really enjoy being part of the community and hope that in some small way I am able to channel information and ideas in both directions - from Council to the community and from the community back to the Council.
Address: 24 Cowslip Crescent, Thatcham
To find your Councillor or Nearest amenities, please use the form above.
I want to ...
Select a service or a destination below:
Monday, 17th Dec 2018 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Tuesday, 18th Dec 2018 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Tuesday, 8th Jan 2019 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm