Finance and General Purposes Committee
The agendas and minutes can be found at the bottom of the page.
Terms of Reference:
- To exercise the functions of the Council in respect of finance (except as provided in section 101 (6) LGA 1972 (Functions in respect to levying, or issuing a precept, must be agreed by Full Council)
- To undertake overall management of Thatcham Town Council’s finances, banking operations and investments.
- To monitor the ongoing budget to actual income and expenditure.
- To consider the draft estimates for the forthcoming financial year reporting and recommending to Council accordingly.
- To monitor the annual budget and review as deemed necessary.
- To review on a quarterly basis where the general reserves should be invested to attract the best possible interest rates, providing that no more that £100,000 be invested with one financial institution and that money is invested within a Fitch rating A institution or with Newbury Building Society.
- To exercise the functions of the Council in considering and assessing applications for financial grant aid and allocating awards as is deemed appropriate within the total predetermined budget for that purpose.
- To prepare and monitor three year forecast budgets.
- To consider, agree and monitor Service Level Agreements with external organisations.
- To review Thatcham Town Council’s insurance arrangements.
- To exercise the functions of the Council in respect of the Council Offices, the acquisition of land or buildings for the purpose over which the Committee has jurisdiction by virtue of these terms of reference, and matters not within the scope of another committee.
- To engage with West Berkshire Council to ensure s106 Developers’ Contributions and Community Infrastructure Levy funds for Thatcham are allocated to meet the needs of the town.
- To consider and respond to consultation documents when the appropriate scheduled Committee is not within the given timeframe to meet the deadline.
Upcoming meetings and events
T: 07824 991 352
Jason CollisI became a Councillor because I wanted to make Thatcham a better place and also to serve my community. To aid this I took a part time job so that I would have more time for Council and community work. My family have been hugely supportive of my involvement with the Council.
Thatcham has been and continues to be a wonderful place to bring up our family. We have loved the feel of a country town community and I hope that the Town Council can help to maintain that community feel for our town.
Cllr Jason Collis is also the Leader of Thatcham Town Council.
Address: 23 Cowslip Crescent, Thatcham
T: 01635 867 283
Richard CrumlyI am married with 2 grown up children and one grand-daughter. I worked in central Thatcham as a Solicitor for over 30 years and therefore met many of the residents and became aware of many local issues. I have been a Councillor for several years and I find it rewarding being involved in local decision making and planning for the future of Thatcham.
I am also a West Berkshire District Councillor for the Thatcham Central Ward.
Address: 24 Cowslip Crescent, Thatcham
T: 01635 869 893
Mike ColeI have been a resident of the town since 1984 and married with two grown up children. I have been a Town Councillor since 2011.
I have been fully involved in the business life of Thatcham for 20+ years, having been a local Bank Manager for 6 years in the 1990s and a member of the Thatcham Rotary Club since 1993, including serving two terms as Club President.
I have been a member of the local amateur theatrical group (KATS) since moving to the town and appeared in virtually all of their productions over the years.
Address: 10 Trefoil Drive, Thatcham
T: 07880 753 904
Jan CoverI moved to Thatcham in 1983 and straight away felt very at home. In 1994 I moved from Thatcham when my husband and I took over a public house the other side of Newbury. A few months after he died in 2008 I decided to move back to Thatcham. Best move I could have made, I love it here. It's friendly with good industrious hard working people. Plus it is still a town that thinks its a village, great!
I became involved with becoming a Town Councillor via the Conservatives, I was absolutely delighted to be voted by local people to represent them.
It is interesting, varied and, oh yes, time consuming!
Address: 41 The Quantocks, Thatcham
T: 07833 667 472
Ellen CrumlyMarried with two grown-up children and one granddaughter, I moved to Thatcham in 2015 but worked in Thatcham Broadway for over 30 years as a Legal Executive for my Solicitor husband (now both retired). I therefore gained knowledge of some of the issues and problems affecting the local people and becoming a Councillor has given me the opportunity to become involved in decision-making and problem-solving. Becoming Mayor (2016-17 & 2017-18) has enabled me to get out and about meeting many people and organisations. I really enjoy being part of the community and hope that in some small way I am able to channel information and ideas in both directions - from Council to the community and from the community back to the Council.
Address: 24 Cowslip Crescent, Thatcham
Past meetings and events
To find your Councillor or Nearest amenities, please use the form above.
I want to ...
Select a service or a destination below:
Monday, 17th Dec 2018 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Tuesday, 18th Dec 2018 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Tuesday, 8th Jan 2019 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm