Recreation and Amenities Committee
The agendas and minutes can be found at the bottom of the page.
Terms of Reference:
- To exercise all functions of the Council in respect of open spaces, recreation grounds, play areas, village greens, shelters, allotments, public rights of way, burial ground and the parish churchyard, public conveniences, footway lighting, street furniture, environmental services, town market and public property in the ownership or control of the Council.
- To oversee the management of properties owned by Thatcham Town Council and leased or licenced to external organisations.
- To purchase/lease and maintain such vehicles and equipment as may be required to carry out the Council’s duties in connection with the facilities under the control of the Committee.
- To monitor all matters relating to leases and bye-laws in connection with the facilities under the control of the Committee.
- To have joint management functions in respect of Henwick Worthy Sports Ground and joint advisory functions in respect of Kennet Leisure Centre.
- To consider matters relating to the acquisition of land or buildings for recreational, burial or related purposes and make recommendations to Full Council.
- To engage with West Berkshire Council to ensure s106 Developers’ Contributions and Community Infrastructure Levy funds for Thatcham are allocated to meet the needs of the town.
- To consider matters relating to environmental protection and enhancement.
- To work with town centre businesses and other agencies to enhance and promote Thatcham town centre.
- To consider and respond to consultation documents when the appropriate scheduled Committee is not within the given timeframe to meet the deadline.
Upcoming meetings and events
T: 07790 932 545
Steve Ardagh-WalterI'm one of the Members for West Thatcham on Thatcham Town Council. I sit on several committees, including those dealing with planning and highways, finance and the budget.
I'm also fortunate to represent West Thatcham on West Berkshire District Council. Additionally I'm the district 'cycling champion'. While being strictly a utility cyclist and not at all sporty, I'm greatly looking forward to forthcoming improved cycle lanes along the A4, starting with Newbury to Colthrop by mid 2018. I'm a member of the Henwick Worthy Management Committee and sit on the Thatcham Flood Forum.
I have lived in Thatcham for 25 years while working in the telecoms and IT industries.
Being married to a teacher, with 2 daughters who have passed through Kennet School, and having been a governor at Francis Baily Primary School for 10 years, I am particularly interested in education as well as transport.
I greatly enjoy the variety of issues which we deal with as a Council, and the opportunities it brings to help improve Thatcham and residents' lives.
Address: 11 Grassmead, Thatcham
T: 07956 546506
Dominic BoeckMoving to Thatcham with my family in 1988 was a good decision for us. Both my children went to Francis Baily and Kennet Schools and were able to find jobs locally after graduation. My career was in telecoms and Thatcham gave us the services and space we needed.
I decided I wanted to give something back to the community and I was elected to the Town Council and West Berkshire Council in 2011 and again in 2015. I chair the Recreation and Amenities Committee at Thatcham Town Council and that gives me the chance to make a difference in the lives of local people.
Address: Flint House, The Weavers, Brimpton
T: 07824 991 352
Jason CollisI became a Councillor because I wanted to make Thatcham a better place and also to serve my community. To aid this I took a part time job so that I would have more time for Council and community work. My family have been hugely supportive of my involvement with the Council.
Thatcham has been and continues to be a wonderful place to bring up our family. We have loved the feel of a country town community and I hope that the Town Council can help to maintain that community feel for our town.
Cllr Jason Collis is also the Leader of Thatcham Town Council.
Address: 23 Cowslip Crescent, Thatcham
T: 07393 288 712
Lee DillonI have been a Town Councillor since 2007, serving as Mayor on two occasions and was elected as the first Leader of the Council. I have served on all main committees over the previous 10 years. I am also a member of West Berkshire Council.
I represent the ward of Thatcham North and live in the ward with my wife and two young children. If you have any issues I would be happy to help so please do get in touch.
Address: 63 Sagecroft Road, Thatcham
Past meetings and events
To find your Councillor or Nearest amenities, please use the form above.
I want to ...
Select a service or a destination below:
Monday, 17th Dec 2018 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Tuesday, 18th Dec 2018 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Tuesday, 8th Jan 2019 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm