Christmas Lights Switch On
Thatcham Town Council organises the town’s decorative Christmas lights and on the first Friday in December The Broadway is transformed for the switch on event. The eastern side of The Broadway is closed to traffic at lunchtime to allow all the equipment to be brought in and setup for the evening’s entertainment.
The event starts at 5pm and normally includes:
- On stage performances from local schools, community choirs, Cold Ash Brass Band and KATS (Kennet Amateur Theatrical Society);
- Over 20 charity stalls fundraising for local good causes;
- Steam engines;
- Father Christmas with his sleigh (supported by Newbury District Lions);
- Town centre businesses hosting a treasure hunt;
- Late night opening at many of the town centre shops; and
- FREE car parking in the Kingsland Centre.
At 7pm everyone gathers together for the countdown to the big switch on.
Bookings for charity stalls opens in September, if you are interested in taking part then please contact the Town Council.
Find your councillor
To find your Councillor or Nearest amenities, please use the form above.
I want to ...
Select a service or a destination below:
Monday, 21st Sep 2020 6:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Tuesday, 22nd Sep 2020 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Monday, 28th Sep 2020 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm