On Sunday 12st May Councillor Mike Cole was elected as the Town Mayor of Thatcham during the Annual Meeting of Thatcham Town Council with Mayor Making ceremony.
Councillor Mike Cole appointed his wife Mrs Mandy Cole as Mayoress and Reverend Mark Bennet from St Mary’s Church as the Mayor’s Chaplain. Councillor John Boyd was elected as Deputy Mayor.
Mr Mayor has selected two charities to support during his year. The first is Daisy’s Dream – a small charity, based in Berkshire, which supports children and young people who are facing, or have experienced, the death of someone close. Their team of six part-time, professionally qualified Therapeutic Practitioners offer 1:1 sessions on an outreach basis, for as long as is needed. They also offer over the phone support to parents, carers and professionals working with bereaved children, together with group events which serve to breakdown the sense of isolation often felt by families affected by bereavement. All of their work is provided completely free of charge.
The Mayor’s second charity is Young People and Children First, based in Thatcham, they support Foster Care Leavers as they transition from being teenagers to independent adults. They ensure that the young people have all the right building blocks in place to go confidently and positively into adult life so they can reach their potential, not hindered by their troubled start. Above all, they prevent disadvantaged children and young people being homeless.
Councillor Cole said “I am looking forward to this year and hope to meet as many residents as possible. I can be contacted via the Town Council Office at firstname.lastname@example.org“
If you would like to donate to the Mayor’s Charitable Fund, for his chosen charities, please send a cheque payable to ‘Thatcham Town Mayor’s Charitable Fund’ to Thatcham Town Council, Brownsfield Road, Thatcham RG18 3HF.
If you would like to invite the Mayor or Deputy Mayor to your event then please complete the mayors engagement form or email email@example.com or post to Thatcham Town Council, Brownsfield Road, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG18 3HF.
Invitations will be dealt with on a first come basis and whilst the Mayor will strive to accommodate where possible please check with Thatcham Town Council before making any arrangements dependent on the Mayor’s attendance.
- 2018 to 2019 Councillor Jan Cover
- 2017 to 2018 Councillor Ellen Crumly
- 2016 to 2017 Councillor Ellen Crumly
- 2015 to 2016 Councillor Sheila Ellison
- 2014 to 2015 Councillor Gary Johnson
- 2013 to 2014 Councillor Mike Cole
- 2012 to 2013 Councillor John Boyd
- 2011 to 2012 Councillor Lee Dillon
- 2010 to 2011 Councillor Lee Dillon
- 2009 to 2010 Councillor Stephanie Steevenson
- 2008 to 2009 Councillor Jenny Weaving
- 2007 to 2008 Councillor Phil Dray
- 2006 to 2007 Councillor Alexander Payton
- 2005 to 2006 Councillor Phil Dray
- 2004 to 2005 Councillor Sheila Ellison
- 2003 to 2004 Councillor J.M. Judge
- 2002 to 2003 Councillor J.M. Judge
- 2001 to 2002 Councillor M.J. Gildersleeves
- 2000 to 2001 Councillor R.B. Judge
- 1999 to 2000 Councillor R.B. Judge
- 1998 to 1999 Councillor I.M. Street
- 1997 to 1998 Councillor P.B. Gildersleeves OBE
- 1996 to 1997 Councillor P.B. Gildersleeves OBE
- 1995 to 1996 Councillor G.E. Cruse
- 1994 to 1995 Councillor A. Stevens
- 1993 to 1994 Councillor A. Stevens
- 1992 to 1993 Councillor R.B. Judge
- 1991 to 1992 Councillor R.A. Higgins
- 1990 to 1991 Councillor K.W. Woodhams
- 1989 to 1990 Councillor K.G. Rye
- 1988 to 1989 Councillor D. Cornish
- 1987 to 1988 Councillor M. Rees
- 1986 to 1987 Councillor G.R. Lawson
- 1985 to 1986 Councillor A.A. Aslett
- 1984 to 1985 Councillor M.F. Barrett
- 1983 to 1984 Councillor F.M. Hutchings
- 1982 to 1983 Councillor P.B. Gildersleeves
- 1981 to 1982 Councillor D.A. Thair
- 1980 to 1981 Councillor M.F. Barrett
- 1979 to 1980 Councillor R.B Tubb
- 1978 to 1979 Councillor G. Pickersgill
- 1977 to 1978 Councillor P.B. Gildersleeves
- 1976 to 1977 Councillor D.E. Wootton
- 1975 to 1976 Councillor H.J. Williams
- 1974 to 1975 Councillor P. Davies
Find your councillor
To find your Councillor or Nearest amenities, please use the form above.
I want to ...
Select a service or a destination below:
Tuesday, 1st Dec 2020 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Monday, 14th Dec 2020 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Tuesday, 22nd Dec 2020 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm